Thursday, January 13, 2011

Bahamas

It is 6 am in Dulles, and of corse my flight is cancelled! They reschedule me to arrive in Nassau, Bahamas around the same time so it is all good :) Getting off the plane to see my best friend from high school Casey McGrath was very comforting. She had been there a week prior with her entire family just vacationing (lucky!). We go to the hotel room to drop off my two HUGE suitcases and go back down to the lobby to meet other semester at sea students! For the next couple hours we met a ton of kids all from different areas in the US. Most of the kids are from Boulder or CA. That night we all went to my friend from Penn State (Armand)'s room to pregame for Senior Frogs- a local bar. At the bar we met so many more kids, danced, and all got very excited for the next day when we will check in! Upon arrival we waited in a 2 hour long line and finally aboarded the MV explorer. The boat looked very small compared to the other cruise ships in the area (Carnival ect.). But it still was beautiful. I went to my room, 3068, to meet my roomate Missy- who is totally awesome- and we started to unpack. Yea.. the rooms are not the best. They are pretty small but I feel like they are doable. We bump into eachother a lot but its okay. The bed is smaller than a twin but we have a maid come and clean our rooms every day- so I am not complaining! The first day here felt like the first day of freshman year.. everyone looks young, excited, and ready to have a great time. Everyones asking where they are from, who they know, ect. Its a great time! Today we have been doing orientation all day, listening to speakers and taking placement exams. Pretty fun stuff! I skipped out on a lecture to work out... not the best idea.. I almost fell off the tredmill. I didnt think about how rocky the boat was going to get! Its pretty funny.. some people are sick.. some are not. I feel fine just a little tired sometimes. Everyone keeps tripping and walking into poles haha! It is a good time and everyone is excited to start classes and get into a schedule. As am I! The food on the ship is buffet style.. and not that interesting- a lot of salads and potatos! I have to go to my next lecture about the book Three Cups of Tea- talk you you soon!

2 comments:

  1. We are reading your posts and wishing we were with you! Sounds like fun.
    Julia, Stef and Sybille

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, mostly everyone from Boulder and CA... hmmmm... sounds like the last two place's I've lived :-)

    ReplyDelete